Kárpáti János Primary School
Address: Kossuth Lajos u. 91
Phone: +36 30 / 529-9604
Head of institution: Tamás Lancz
We can talk about the educational work organized in the territory of Gyenesdiás after 1873. György Hegedűs started teaching in the tithe house donated by the Festetics family.
Before 1945, there was already an independent elementary school in Gyenesdiás. After 1945, eight-grade primary schools in the country were reorganized. Beyond the central effort, in the absence of a local initiative, the village of Gyenesdiás did not create the conditions for the eight-grade primary school to start. The leaders of the village agreed that the so-called upper secondary school students should complete upper secondary school in the two neighboring settlements of Keszthely and Vonyarcvashegy.
The next very important date in the history of education in the village is 1964, when the independent school of the settlement was launched. At that time, in terms of population, Gyenesdiás is the dominant settlement of the Keszthely district. It has a population of over 1,600 and more than 220 primary school students.
The designers envisioned the center of the village to be built on an undeveloped area (the area of today’s school). Here, the area of the new school (4 classrooms) was designated, the classrooms of which were populated with upper secondary students. The management of the school also sought to place the school in an aesthetic environment.
In 1976, there was a need for school development, as a result of which another struggle began between the settlements, as due to the central role of the headquarters, he tried to put his own school construction case before Gyenesdiás. Finally, in September 1978, the expansion of the school was completed. Normal conditions were created for both students and educators for educational work. During construction, the question arose as to why the walls could not be pulled further and a large hall created above it. It took a huge effort to implement the idea, but the great hall was eventually completed.
The next development of the Gyenesdiás school could therefore only take place in 1991, with the investment of the Gyenesdiás Municipality. It was then that the roof structure was renovated, and an 80 m2 library was set up in the attic, the women's polytechnic moved temporarily, and a computer room was created. Thinking that the institution could be used for summer holidays, the attic was also made suitable for this task. After that, the school was able to accommodate 16 classes.
Our school has 25 educators (5 more people work as lecturers). The Board of Education places great emphasis on self-education and further training.
The school has a self-written assessment system that aims to continuously encourage students to complete their assignments with maximum devotion in each school year. The institution places great emphasis on foreign language teaching, computer skills, and leisure activities.
In the art department of the institution, the training takes place in the departments of drama, singing-music, flute, applied arts, fine arts (painting), and folk dance in 4-4 hours a week.
The art school provides a certificate of student progress. In this way, it is possible for children to receive training according to their interests.
For more information please visit the school's website: www.gyenesiiskola.hu